Ravichandran Ashwin is an Indian international cricketer who plays for the Indian cricket team. He currently plays for Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket and Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.
Ashwin is a right-arm off-spin bowler and a right-handed batsman. He is considered to be one of the best spinners in the world and is known for his ability to take wickets in all conditions. He is also a capable batsman and has scored 5 centuries in Test cricket.
Ashwin made his Test debut for India in 2011 and has since played 110 matches, taking 436 wickets. He is the second-highest wicket-taker for India in Test cricket, behind Anil Kumble. Ashwin has also played 199 ODIs, taking 195 wickets.
Ashwin is a two-time ICC Cricketer of the Year, winning the award in 2016 and 2017. He is also a recipient of the Arjuna Award, India’s highest sporting honor for non-cricketers.
Ashwin is a versatile cricketer who is capable of winning matches with both bat and ball. He is a key member of the Indian team and is expected to play a major role in the upcoming 2023 Cricket World Cup.
Here are some of Ashwin’s achievements:
- 2nd highest wicket-taker for India in Test cricket (436 wickets)
- ICC Cricketer of the Year (2016, 2017)
- Arjuna Award (2016)
- 5 centuries in Test cricket
- 195 wickets in ODI cricket
Ashwin is a talented cricketer who has achieved great success at the international level. He is a valuable asset to the Indian team and is sure to continue to play a major role in the years to come.
Here are some more details about Ashwin’s upcoming plans for 2023:
- He is expected to be a key member of the Indian team for the 2023 Cricket World Cup.
- He is also expected to play a major role in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Rajasthan Royals.
- He is also planning to play some domestic cricket for Tamil Nadu.
- He is also working on his batting and is looking to score more runs in the upcoming season.