In today’s world, this is the age of smartphones and microblogging. Everything that we need to know is just a click away. Social media is the most widely used tool by all age people today but is more popular among the children’s and Adults. Keeping this in mind researchers feel that social media can play a very important part in the field of education. It can be used to reach out to many students and can be highly effective as well. As students can use social media to solve their problems with they friends there is a large majority of academic thinkers that feel social media is a deteriorating agent for students but if used wisely it can be highly effective. Instead of getting in the argument of social media being good or bad, we must find ways to use it for our benefit and not for any other purpose. The question still remains that how can social media be used for our advantage in education, let’s try how and answer this questions
Social Media Importance are
Social media platforms help its users to share, connect and give content and information to millions of others. The importance of social media cannot be ignored since it plays a very crucial role in our lives today.
- Customer support: Before buying any product or service customers can read the reviews and feedback and hence make it a smart choice.
- It is also a great way to access quality information.
- The use of social media platforms can help you to connect with your target audience and friends.
- Building a brand: Quality content, products, and services are easily accessible online in today’s world. You can market your product online and can build a brand.
- Teaching Blogs and write-ups: Students can enhance their knowledge by reading blogs, articles and write-ups by renowned teachers, professors, and thinkers. This way good content can reach a wide audience.
- Easy work: Many educators feel that the use of social media makes the work easier for both them and students. It also helps the teacher to expand and explore their own possibilities, skills, and knowledge.
- Increased support: Since we have the use of social media at our disposal at any hour of the day, teachers can provide off-hours support and solve queries of students even after class timings. This practice also helps the teacher to understand the development of their students more closely.
- Teaching aids: Social media can help the students to nourish their knowledge with a lot of teaching aids available online today. Students can watch videos, see images, check out reviews and instantly clear their doubt while watching the live processes happening. Not only students but even teacher can also make their lectures more interesting by using these tools and teaching aids.
- More disciplined: The classes conducted on social media platforms are more disciplined and structured as we know that everyone is watching.
- Live Lectures: Many professors these days are conducting live video chats on Skype, Twitter and other places for their lectures. This makes it easy for students as well as a teacher to learn and share while just sitting in their homes. How easy and convenient education can be through the help of social media.
Importance of Social Media in Education
Today platforms like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram LinkedIn etc. are most widely used by teachers, professors, and students and they have become quite popular among them. For a student social media plays a very important role as it makes it easier for them to access and share information, get answers and connect with teachers. It is through the platforms of social media that students and teachers can connect with each other and share content and the students can learn much more good things from social media thereby making a good use of these platforms.
Advantages of Social Media For All Users
Social media comes with a lot of advantages, in fact, we can own a substantial part of our society’s growth to social media. We have witnessed a blast of information and content in the last few years and cannot deny the power of social media in our lives and all over the world. Social media is widely used to create awareness for causes that are important for the society as well. Social media can also help many noble causes run by NGOs and other social welfare societies in the country and over the whole world. Social media can also aid the government in other agencies in spreading awareness and also fight crime. For many businesses, social media is a strong tool for business promotion and marketing of their products. Many communities are built through social media platforms which are essential for our society’s growth and also for the business purpose.